R case study: public datasets in Google BigQuery using DBplyr
Building on earlier Rfun workshops, exploit your knowledge of familar Tidyverse syntax to query remote databases via RStudio. Attendees will be introduced to the dBplyr package as an alternative to SQL database querying. Following a review of dplyr and an overview of Google BigQuery public datasets, attendees will practice querying Google BigQuery public data.
- Introductory familiarity with R and the Tidyverse (e.g. quickStart with R, part 1)
- Have a free Google BigQuery account; BigQuery registration details will be sent in advance
- Install R and RStudio on your computer
- tidyverese, DBI, dbplyr, bigrquery installed in your R environment
install.packages(c("tidyverse", "DBI", "dbplyr", "bigrquery"))
This event is offered virtually in accordance with Duke's Coronavirus events policies. A zoom link will be sent via email to registered participants to join the workshop.
The content of the workshop may be recorded. If you are uncomfortable with a recording being published, please contact the instructor at anytime prior to the conclusion of the workshop.
- Thursday, February 25, 2021
- 1:30pm - 3:00pm
- Data and Visualization