Excellence in teaching: Supporting graduate student instructors
Presenters: Dr. Francisco Ramos, Assistant Dean for Assessment and Evaluation, the Graduate School and Dr. Hugh Crumley, Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs, the Graduate School
Trinity College and the Graduate School are deeply committed to the professional development of graduate students as instructors. Our academic departments share this commitment, and often they request additional guidance to (a) structure graduate student skills development and (b) to assess the degree to which graduate students are developing as effective teachers. This introductory session explores such questions as:
- What are your learning outcomes for graduate student instructors?
- What are some useful training models for new graduate student instructors?
- How might a graduate student instructor self-assess his or her teaching?
- What are the most effective ways of delivering feedback to graduate students so that they can use it to improve their practice?
This session is part of the monthly Assessment Roundtable organized by the Trinity College Office of Assessment.
A light lunch will be provided. Please RSVP in advance.
- Monday, November 12, 2018
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Rubenstein Library 249 (Carpenter Conference Room)
- West Campus
- Teaching and Learning