Classroom teaching observations: A how-to
Many faculty indicate that they would benefit from peer-led observations of their classroom teaching. Program officers often share that evaluations from in-class observations would supplement course evaluation reports. This session shares best practices for organizing, for oneself or for faculty colleagues, rigorous classroom-based teaching observations and feedback.
Questions discussed in this session include:
- How might an individual instructor solicit observations from a faculty peer?
- What types of feedback can or should the observed instructor expect?
- How might a program use observational information in conjunction with mid-term or end-of-term course evaluations?
- Can such observations contribute to a program's annual or multi-year assessment efforts?
This workshop is part of the monthly Assessment Roundtable series facilitated by the Office of Assessment, Trinity College.
No registration is required for this session.
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- Rubenstein Library 249 (Carpenter Conference Room)
- West Campus
- Teaching and Learning