AI and Humanity: Ethical Impact and Challenges
As Artificial Intelligence (AI) emerges as a more salient component of technology, it becomes necessary to consider the implications of the interaction between humans and intelligent machines. We will host a panel discussion about the ethics of artificial intelligence that focuses on the two-way interaction of these ideas.
- What impact will humanity have on AI?
Specifically, the morality of human design, construction, and use of AI.
How do we enforce human checks and balances on these machines?
- What impact will AI have on humanity?
How do we educate a workforce whose jobs are evolving with AI?
How do we make sure AI is accessible to all socioeconomic classes?
We will also discuss the ethics of technology access, and ensuring equal opportunities for all in terms of reaping its benefits.
- Justin Sherman, VP and Co-Founder of Ethical Tech
- Daniel Kokotajlo, Ph.D. Student, Philosophy, UNC, and researcher with AI Impacts
Light refreshments will be available.
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Rubenstein Library 153 (Holsti-Anderson Family Assembly Room)
- West Campus
- NextEd Fest