Designing Assignments and Courses with Equity in Mind
Join faculty who have participated in the "Teaching for Equity Fellows" Program for a hands-on workshop as they provide examples of how they’ve modified their assignments and syllabi or created new courses and programs based on what they have learned from the Fellowship. They will discuss their modifications, how they work together to further improve their courses, and help participants revise their own materials.
- learn how to identify equity learning outcomes in their own courses;
- align outcomes with assignments and course materials;
- get feedback on their own materials.
- Jennifer Ahern-Dodson, Assistant Professor of the Practice, Thompson Writing Program
- David Malone, Professor of the Practice, Education
- Jayne O. Ifekwunigwe, Visiting Associate Professor, Social Science Research Institute
- Alyssa Perz, Academic Dean, and Lecturer, Biology
Lunch will be provided.