Balancing Teaching and Scholarly Productivity
Teaching takes time and energy, two of faculty's most precious and limited resources. In this workshop, faculty will discuss how to direct their time and energy to promote learning while also making time for their other responsibilities (especially writing).
- Track how they are spending their time and energy on teaching;
- Assess the effectiveness of these choices for student learning;
- Discover principles and strategies that enhance efficiency and learning.
Workshop leader: Dr. Monique Dufour, an award-winning teacher with extensive experience in faculty development.
Space is limited. RSVP to Vanessa Turnier (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 25.
Location: East Duke Building, Pink Parlor Room
This event is co-sponsored by the Faculty Write Program, an initiative of the Thompson Writing Program, and Learning Innovation.
The Faculty Write Program helps advance faculty as writers through workshops, retreats, writing groups, and individual consultations. Please visit the website for more information: faculty write.duke.edu.
- Thursday, September 27, 2018
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm
- Other (see event description)
- East Campus
- Teaching and Learning