DH Foundations Boot Camp for Librarians (August 7-10)
This boot camp will focus on the foundational skills of digital scholarship in the humanities. Among the general topics covered, we'll learn about working with structured data, automating tasks via the command line, and writing our own code in Python. The boot camp is meant to help librarians enjoy meaningful partnerships with researchers who are interested in digital scholarship; to work more efficiently with their own data and computational tasks; and to share their new knowledge with colleagues.
- August 7: Introduction to Data and Computing Terms
- August 8: Working with the Command Line
- August 9: Introduction to Programming (1)
- August 10: Introduction to Programming, Continued: Working with Python (2)
Additional information, including a schedule and general learning outcomes, is available at https://tinyurl.com/dh-bootcamp.
Registration is required for the workshop series, and participation is limited to 12.
- Dates & Times:
- 8:30am - 12:00pm, Tuesday, August 7, 2018
8:30am - 12:00pm, Wednesday, August 8, 2018
8:30am - 12:00pm, Thursday, August 9, 2018
8:30am - 12:00pm, Friday, August 10, 2018
- Bostock 121 (Murthy Digital Studio)
- West Campus