Welcome to the annual Edible Book Festival sponsored by the Duke University Libraries Center for Instructional Technology. The International Edible Book Festival is on or about April 1st every year. Since 1999, bookbinders and bibliophiles have been creating books made of edible materials for everyone to enjoy. Please stop by Perkins 217 anytime between 1:00 and 3:00 to view the edible art and vote for you favorites. This is also a book drive for Book Harvest.
To submit a entry:
- Deliver your entry to Perkins 217 no later than 12:00 PM on March 31, 2017 if you wish to compete
- We have one rule only: Make edible art that has something to do with books as shapes or content.
- Visit the international website for inspiration.
- Questions? Email Kim Manturuk. firstname.lastname@example.org
Our festivities include:
• Edible Book Festival entries
• Voting on favorite entries
• Prizes for the winner of each category
• Donation drive to collect gently-used children's books for Book Harvest.
• Best In Show
• Best Student Entry (K-college)
• Least Edible
• Most Edible